Monday, September 29, 2008

September Wraps Up, Finally...

I can't wait for October to begin! For some reason, September has seemed to go on forever, and I'll be happy to move on to the pumpkins, the changing leaves, and the crunching of dried, fallen leaves under foot that is October. And corn mazes. But September hasn't really gone on forever, now that we're only a couple of days away from beautiful October.

I don't know why, but I've always associated October with new beginnings, do overs, fresh starts. Maybe because of the more pronounced changing of seasons, leaving the old season behind and beginning another one...or maybe it's because October seems to have its own unique vibe to me after all the summer months have blurred together into a wavy haze of heat, sweat, and more heat. After that, October feels like adventure; cool, mysterious, & refreshing...

One good thing that has come from September, though, has been daily walks with my husband (thanks to our lovely new dog!) It's been a great time to connect, even without talking, and to enjoy the newly cool weather and newly colored leaves. I hope we keep it up even in the bone-chilling winter months, when everything is dead and not very romantic.

Anyway, that's getting away from the joy that is October. I look forward to enjoying the things that make the month ahead unique!

Thanks for reading!