Wow--October has begun with a bang! My parents came into town for a few days at the beginning of the month, and it's taken almost a week to finally catch up (mostly) on all of the chores I didn't get done while they were here. I feel like the days have been packed, and yet I know I couldn't tell you how we spent them all.
We've had beautifully drizzly, chilly fall weather, and lovely landscapes full of fallen brilliant orange, yellow, and red leaves. With a cooler turn to the weather, I am already daydreaming about getting our fireplace ready for its first use of the season. Just picturing that warm, relaxing crackle and the delicious smell of burning pine is so peaceful and calming that it makes me want to have a snow day! (Just one, that I don't have to drive in)
I can't believe we're already half-way through one of my favorite months, though--I will be sad to see October go; but until then, there are corn mazes to explore, leaves to crunch, scary stories to read, and invigorating fall walks to take in the beauty of this unique month.
I am not looking forward to the bleakness of winter and the absence of color that comes along with it...nothing but white, black, gray, and brown. Sometimes dark green that's almost black. I am glad that winter is only allowed to last as long as the other 3 seasons and no longer!
Thanks for reading!
Easy Tunic Toddler Dress (with mini tutorial)
11 years ago
