All right, so 2 posts in a row about our new (to us) dog :)
Her 1st night was pretty good--I was really expecting we'd get up to find a mess this morning, and imagined all kinds of stressful scenarios. But she stayed out of our room (after coming in at 2 am feeling so proud of herself for "finding" us!) She didn't have any "accidents" overnight, or leave us any intentional messes, which we were incredibly grateful for.
So all in all, it was a pretty good night even though I stayed awake listening all night to her jingly wanderings, anxious over what she might have been getting into (nothing) and then worrying when it was quiet if that meant she was chewing something she shouldn't or getting into the trash, etc. (she wasn't)
Hopefully tonight I'll be able to relax and actually sleep, instead of worrying over the what-ifs (which doesn't only apply to dog ownership, unfortunately! :(
Tomorrow will be another test for her, as we leave her all alone while we work, and hope not to come home to a house detroyed out of fear or boredom--BUT I will do my best to trust that things will work out as well as they did last night instead of wasting another night over what-ifs that may not even happen! (We have a couple of distraction techniques up our sleeve that we hope will help ease her into the alone time.)
Phew, another tiring day--we began her morning feeding/potty routine and took her on a 30 min walk this afternoon, and hope to get out her again this evening for a little more exercise.
I hope to have more pics of her uploaded soon--she did let me take another flash pic today and didn't panic this time!
AND I promise not to make all my future posts about dogs--there are plenty of other things to fill my mind and time, really!
Thanks for reading and humoring my dog-related musings today!
Easy Tunic Toddler Dress (with mini tutorial)
11 years ago
