Another pic of the new dog! :) (She was willing to let me use the flash again)
And, yes, we named her after the 80's cartoon--I think she secretly transforms into a Universe-saving super-hero when we're gone, which would explain why she's always so "tired" when we get home.
One great benefit of having her is that we're doing a lot more walking together through our neighborhood, and it's a great way to meet people...who isn't friendly when they see a dog?
It's almost like you have an instant "in" to someone's world for a brief moment--I can't tell you how many people say "hi" now when I'm out with her, who've never spoken to me before. It's almost too bad that we need the excuse of a pet in order to let our guard down enough to be friendly to strangers. Or maybe I just seem more welcoming with my cute, cuddly dog?
All that said, I appreciate this new friendliness that walking around with a dog brings out in other people, and I'm looking forward to possibly making some new friends in the neighborhood because of it. :)
Thanks for reading!
