Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fall Traditions

I'm looking forward to making Thanksgiving dinner again this year--I look forward to it every year! I love making the noodles & pecan pie, and the potato recipe from my grandma. Of course we do greenbean casserole, but no stuffing this year (not a favorite of my husband). We also prefer ham to turkey, partly because it's so much easier to cook and cut, and also because we don't want to be stuck eating it for weeks on end.

Pictured is an apple pie a friend and I made a couple of weeks ago. We were especially proud of how the crust turned out (we made it from scratch), and the braeburn apples made the pie great! That's something I really miss doing with my grandma during the holidays--making pies & home-made pie crusts!

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and doesn't pass over it in the rush to speed to Christmas!

I will try to be good about posting pics of the pecan pie next week :)

Thanks for reading! :)