February was so full of events, holidays, and activities that it flew by. I can't believe that March has begun already! I don't know if I'm ready for it yet.
Shockingly, it never got cold enough this winter to kill last season's wildflowers, so they're still in my little garden patch, dark green pom-poms waiting to shoot up flowering stalks. With temps in the 70's this week (about 20 degrees above average) they might be doing that as soon as Friday! So unnatural...
SheRa got to spend a little time with one of her furry buddies from her old home over the weekend. (Her previous owner had 3 dogs, and she got to see her favorite one on Saturday.) She ran over to him right away, wagging her tail so furiously we thought her butt was going to fall off--and she NEVER reacts to other dogs that happily. She really missed him! He, however, was much less excited to see her, and barely acknowledged her wiggly, happy presence.
I was going to post some fun pics from my birthday, but even though my husband & I took both cameras (digital & film) on the weekend trip with us, one had no film, while the other had no battery life. Oh, the irony. I will do my best to get some "spring" pics taken soon to post here & on flickr.
My most recent baking foray ended in mediocrity--a blandish apple pie with way too much liquid in it and apples that were too tough. I knew I didn't have the right apples for baking, but hoped that tweaking the cooking time would offset that. It didn't.
BUT now I have an awesome marble cutting board/rolling board for making pie crusts & noodles on! Because I found a fantastic pie crust recipe in my Joy of Cooking book, and plan on doing the homemade version from now on.
I could ramble on & on today, but won't. I may just split my thoughts between two posts to save everyone the eyestrain. :)
Thanks for reading,
Easy Tunic Toddler Dress (with mini tutorial)
10 years ago
