Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A 2nd Day of Musings

My 2nd post in as many days--trust me, it won't be a habit, but I had so many random thoughts floating around my brain, I had to get them out. :) (Warning: There is neither rhyme nor reason to this post, so don't expect any continuity or flow. Or logic.)

A couple of posts ago, I mentioned that I was going to write a letter to an acquaintance that I didn't intend to send. I did write that letter, which ended up being five typed pages (in a fairly small font, no less), that I did not send. It was cathartic to just get everything down on paper and say all the things I'd been unable/unwilling to for various reasons. My husband saw a brief portion of it, and we were able to talk it over, which helped a lot, too. I do feel a lot better after having written it!

Yesterday my husband grabbed a few staples from the grocery store, returning with pre-made, ready-bake cookies. (Never go shopping when you're hungry...) At first, I felt a little insulted--after all, I could bake our own at home and they'd taste so much better!! Then I remembered that I don't enjoy making cookies at all and I don't ever like how they turn out. So if these little beggars are as delicious as they promise to be, I'll happily buy more and not worry about the ego!

I was feeling nostalgic about Choose Your Own Adventure Books yesterday and found out they have their own website, (which I promptly checked out) but with only a few of the original titles listed, and some pretty cheesy rip-offs of brand-name computer games (like their version of Tetris that's tied into one of the military mission books). Needless to say, I was disappointed by the apparent lack of effort that went into their site. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things, of course, but since I had enjoyed the books so much as a kid, I was hoping to enjoy the site a lot, too.

Wow, this is already long and I had several other random ideas to potentially post...oh, well!

Thanks for reading a rambly post today!