I love Valentine's Day...it's one of my favorite holidays, and even when I was single, I looked forward to the surprises of the day, whether they were for me or someone else. How can you not smile when someone gets a big bouquet of flowers at work? Or a bunch of metallic, heart-shaped helium balloons with ribbons & candy?
I love that bright disruption of the day with the pleasantly unexpected. So, lucky for me, my husband likes to be a surpriser :) He enjoys going out of his way to sneak something good on me, and I really appreciate that!
For Valentine's Day this year, I got some lovely roses & candy (this was a monumental task this year, since I'm not supposed to have chocolate, mint, or citrus, but he found something I could eat, and that I actually like!) We also had dinner out, splitting some incredibly delicious mousse.
I thought that made for a pretty good Valentine's Day, and that we were done for the night, but then my husband told me that we had somewhere to be at 7:00, and he took me to an Improv Comedy club. I'd never been there before, but I loved it! The performers were great, and the atmosphere was so relaxing (no making fun of the audience, and only actual volunteers got pulled on stage with the group. Plus, you could get coffee, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...and some appetizer things & other drinks, and COFFEE...)
It was a really nice day & it was so fun to go out on an actual date & get to flirt with each other. :)
I'm actually bummed that Valentine's Day is over, but there's always my birthday to look forward to! (My husband has another surprise up his sleeve for that one! I can't wait!)
I hope everyone else had a fun Valentine's Day, no matter what you did, or who you spent time with. :)
Thanks for reading!
Easy Tunic Toddler Dress (with mini tutorial)
11 years ago
