I think for the first time in YEARS I have all of my holiday shopping done. All of it. I know, I'm in shock, too.
What a relief to know that I won't have to dash to the store at the last minute and fight other crazed shoppers hopped up on caffeine and hot chocolate for the last snowman magnet b/c everything else that could be even remotely called classy was already gone weeks ago...
After dealing with the nuttiness at two stores today, I am definitely thrilled to be done!!
Now I can just focus on the fun of Christmas and the meaning of the manger scene. And a warm fire on Christmas morning to open presents by.
Maybe we'll have snow on Christmas morning this year :) We did end up having some snow the day after Thanksgiving and again during the middle of this past week, but today was almost 60, so everything has melted already.
I wonder when my husband and I will watch It's a Wonderful Life this year, one of our annual favorites. Sometime during the season we'll try to catch our other favorites, A Charlie Brown Christmas and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer (the version with the Island of Misfit Toys and the Abominable). Not the Grinch, though, or anything made in the last 20 years. Or Miracle on 34th Street (any version).
Thanks for reading :)
Easy Tunic Toddler Dress (with mini tutorial)
11 years ago
