Ah, another Thanksgiving gone...but it was so nice!
It was really peaceful to be at home and have the day off; and for my husband and I to have the day to ourselves.
I did cook granny's zucchini casserole, which turned out wonderfully (sorry, too lazy to take pics!) and her pecan pie, which looked funky but tasted great :) We also opted for ham steaks instead of turkey, so we wouldn't be eating leftovers for 5 months. Our wonderfully behaved dog, who never gets in the trash, got in the trash for a cream of chicken soup can--go figure!
And to just have the rest of the day to relax was wonderful, especially since last weekend we painted our living room & dining room in one fell swoop, up to our inconveniently high vaulted ceilings. But, it's all done, and now we can take our time and enjoy the holiday season.
I'm on my 2nd batch of sugar cookies today (they're chilling in the fridge right now) because yesterday's batch had baking soda instead of baking powder, which is what happens when I try to make 3 things at the same time (pie, casserole, and cookie dough). After tasting the unexpectedly bitter cookies as they came out of the oven, I realized my mistake and am starting over for a dinner party tonight. My husband was sweet enough to run out and pick up some sugar today, because of course I had used all of the sugar up for the first, inedible batch.
No snow yet, but hopefully on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day we'll have a nice festive blanket of white fluffiness covering the ground.
And a replacement laptop is on its way, so we won't be tied down to my ancient one that takes forever to start up & load just the desktop and toolbar icons. And no more "You are out of virtual memory, please wait while Microsoft closes out all your applications"--the horror!! Needless to say, I can't wait to start using the not-7-years-old laptop :)
Thanks for reading!
Easy Tunic Toddler Dress (with mini tutorial)
10 years ago
