My husband & I recently took a round-trip flight. We haven't flown in a while, so my husband got stopped by security for having Pepto and mouthwash in bottles that were too big. They were confiscated, which was fine with us.
I didn't think anything about it until the next day, when a family member couldn't twist off a bottlecap. Then I remembered there was a bottle opener on the swiss army knife in my purse. That's when I realized I'd made it through airport security with a swiss army knife in my purse, and security never said a word or did a thing about it.
On our way home, my husband was again stopped at security because this time, he had too many loose liquids in his bag. So he ziplock baggie'd them and we were on our way.
For the 2nd time, I was allowed to pass through with a swiss army knife in my purse, and no one involved in security asked any questions. Don't get me wrong--I'm glad it wasn't confiscated--but it made me wonder what else might be getting through security because it wasn't a liquid.
Easy Tunic Toddler Dress (with mini tutorial)
11 years ago
