Thursday, January 29, 2009

Last Shot For January

My last entry for the first month of the New Year...I don't believe in making resolutions (if I won't stick with something at other times of the year, I'm not going to pretend I will just because it's January) but do hope to accomplish a few more "just for fun" things this year.

As quickly as fall & the holidays went by, January seems to have lead in its feet. Maybe it just seems to be going more slowly because things are slower at work, or because I have Valentine's Day to look forward to in Feb. (plus several other family events :) Or the flip-flopping weather that gave the month a start-stop feel--it's hot; no, it's cold; oh wait, it's spring now; never mind, it's below zero! Geesh. I LOVE warm weather, but I prefer seasonal weather--if it's winter, let it be winter and be cold. When it's spring, let it be warm and mild. Whatever is or isn't going on with global warming, I'm not an extremes kind of girl, and don't like my seasons to be extreme either. So take that, weather patterns!!

After a frustrating week and a half of car issues and the below zero temps earlier in the week, I was incredibly relieved to 1) finally watch LOST last night, and 2) read my People magazine (which had mysteriously not shown up in my mailbox until almost a week later than normal...)

One thing about People, I'm always slightly embarrassed to admit that I not only read it, but highly anticipate it every week, and then am surprised at how many other women are also slightly embarrassed to admit just how much they love thumbing through its glossy pics and star gossip.

And with LOST, it's my one can't-miss TV show. Who isn't eagerly looking forward to unlocking all of the island's secrets? I mean what's up with Charles Widmer(Widmore?)??? And what's his personal beef with Ben? And does he know that Desmond was actually on the island, or just think he was found floating aimlessly at sea somewhere? Thanks to a few dedicated LOST fan sites, my husband and I have some great new theories about the animal experiments that the Dharma Initiative was doing, and who sent them to the island. I hope Kate comes to her senses and ends up with Sawyer instead of Jack, and that Jack can give Juliet a chance (even though I don't really like her, but I'm not as fond of Jack as I used to be, either, so maybe they deserve each other.)

Well, anyway, that's enough for now :)

Thanks for reading!!